Walk the Moon - Talking is Hard


Walk the Moon
Talking is Hard
2014

I absolutely slept on Walk the Moon and Talking is Hard. Somehow this completely stellar album came out, was amazing, and I managed to miss it. I'm almost positiveyou have heard their music; "Shut Up and Dance" was an all out hit peaking at number one on the billboard alt charts, but the album just brings more and more to that already great song. "Avalanche", "Aquaman", "Come Under the Covers" the potential singles go on and on. This record is packed with great songs top to bottom. Even when the band slows down and gets away from their synth pop explosiveness the songs still feel genuine and fun. The music is so light but still holds weight of being wholly creative and singularly Walk the Moon.

If you can't tell from what I've written above I kind of enjoyed this album. Walk the Moon has done something extremely well with this record and it is going to be in heavy rotation on my playlists for awhile. If you really want to get a kick check out their music video for "Shut Up and Dance" its trippy and delightful Link. The best quote I've ever said I said about an album is "It's super dancy and I love it" and that can for sure be said about Talking is Hard. If you can listen and not start tapping your toes you may need to check yourself for a soul.

9.5 out of 10

Comments

Popular Posts