The Prodigy - The Day is My Enemy


The Prodigy
The Day is My Enemy
2015

Well the Prodigy have not let up even slightly from when they burst on to the trance scene with "Smack My Bitch Up" and "Firestarter". The Day is My Enemy is exactly what you would expect, it is aggressive, dark and from the first note is going to slam your ears with some hardcore Prodigy. Relentless back beats, heavy metal clanging and dark syth fluctuations these are all elements that the Prodigy have used for 20 years and they are exactly the same here on The Day is My Enemy. These days though its hard to understand what the Prodigy are so upset about. There is no more bright happy rave scene that the Prodigy needed to be the punk rock version of, there really is not longer a machine to rage against for them. That's why this album seems out of place, its from another time and made for a different generation.

For me the best track is "Wild Frontier". It is quite different from the rest of the album and has a very interesting feel to it. It is something new and honestly a bit groundbreaking when placed against the rest of the album. I don't think it is always a bad thing to stick with your roots and make the music that makes sense to you but in the case of The Day is My Enemy the aggression and the darkness just seems out of place and forced. Unfortunately I can't recommend this one and I don't think many people will.

4 out of 10  

Comments

Popular Posts