Aphex Twin - Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments pt2 EP


  

Aphex Twin
Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments pt2 EP
2015

Ahpex Twin has really gone out on a weird trip with this Album. As per usual Aphex come up with complex interesting sound arrangements (note my specific omission of the word song) this time however it is all with real instruments. The amount of work that had to go into the creation of these arrangements is incredible; mistuned pianos, loose drums and every other possible form of real instrument is used to explore what electronic music might be if only analog instruments were used.

I like the idea of the album, I like trying new things. But as a listener this record is challenging. Rather than bring you in this music pushes you away, dares you to recon with its originality and leaves you with the question: "Did I even like this?". For me it ends up being a no. 

4 out of 10 stars


Comments

Popular Posts