Imagine Dragons - Smoke + Mirrors


Imagine Dragons
Smoke + Mirrors
2015

Smoke + Mirrors is the sophomore release from Imagine Dragons who exploded on the scene in 2012 with their debut album Night Visions. Their first album was an absolute hit machine with soaring anthems, rock licks and all around great sounding modern music. Smoke + Mirrors is not that album. While some of the songs have some commercial appeal (I'm so Sorry, I Bet My Life, The Fall) for the most part this record seems to be missing that same fire that the first one had. The second half of the album does pick up quite a bit and seems to have more of that delightful head banging beat that I have come to love in Imagine Dragons.

The album artwork is also stunning. I find the picture above to be absolutely breath taking. This album does have potential, something is definitely there. I don't think the limited scope of this project I am doing can let me really dive as deep as you need to into this record. It's still better than a lot of the alt-rock out there so give it a shot.

6 out of 10 Stars

Comments

Popular Posts