Ariana Grande - My Everything

Ariana Grande
My Everything
2014

I will full admit it, I have been called and am a total pop slut. I like a great hook, catchy singing, music you can move to, it's all great. "My Everything" is Ariana Grande's second full album and many would consider it her breakout hit. There are a cavalcade of stars on the record (Iggy Azalea, Big Sean, Childish Gambino) and tons of super producers throughout. Just like any pop album of today the record has EDM club hits as well as R&B slow jams, however Grande seems to excel in the former. Her voice is so powerful and projects so well it is almost lost in the slow jams. She needs to be singing loud of a drum and bass extravaganza in order to really shine.

The highest grossing single off the album is “Break Free” in which the beat and the singing are absolutely infectious. Grande shows her voice’s power and range in this track, and proves she is going to be an absolute force in the pop world. As with all albums of this nature there are some weak tracks, mostly on the R&B side of things, but it seems as long as she relies on that powerful voice, she is going to be just fine

8 out of 10 💇

Comments

Popular Posts