The Mast - Pleasure Island


The Mast
Pleasure Island
2014

I found The Mast on a concert site I subscribe to: jukely.com . They were playing a show in town so I thought I would give them a listen and see if it was a show I would like to go to. While I didn't end up going to the show I'm glad I gave them a shot. The Mast are a producer singer duo and they make ethereal yet very catchy electronic music. The singer's impeccable tone adds a richness to the music which can only be described as sultry. The music oozes passion and vibrance, and take the listener along on a journey through a full range of what electronic music can be. The record never feels false, everything about it is wholly organic.

As a full album it's hard to find many flaws in the record. The songs tie together and there is a through line of soulful singing throughout. This album makes great ambient background music, but on a closer inspection it draws you in to something much more interesting, much more complex. I definitely recommend giving the mast a shot, even if you're not an electronic fan.

8.8 out of 10 stars

Comments

Popular Posts