Kasabian - 48:13

Kasabian
48:13
2014

I had never heard of Kasabian until I found them randomly for this review; I don’t know who to blame, but I’m pretty pissed. This album is totally fantastic. It is dripping with punk rock, indie and electronic elements that blend amazingly together. The variety of instruments used throughout the album is staggering. The first full track on the album “ bumblebee” uses a Doors-esque style organ but absolutely rocks out then on the very nice track “stevie” a variety of strings come into play.

48:13 is such an interesting album. It is wholly cohesive despite the fact that it blends so many sounds and so many genres into one unified record. It is easy to get lost in the electro-rock-psychedelic music and drift into a completely different world. It’s almost as if the whole album is a transportation device taking you into the world Kasabian wants to create.

I can’t wait to get into all the other stuff Kasabian has to offer. If it is anything like 48:13, then I definitely have something to get excited about.  

8.777777777777 out of 10 🍱

Comments

Popular Posts