Rae Sremmurd - Sremmlife


Rae Sremmurd
Sremmlife
2015

Well here's the thing... I am totally willing to admit that maybe I don't get it. Maybe this isn't for me, nor will it ever be. This album is not good. The beats are basic, the lyrics are weak at best and each song is so repetitive and boring. I have been a rap fan my whole life, and if this is where it's going I'm worried. I know the genre of hyphy is different a serves a purpose, but I'm just not seeing or feeling it.

Through the whole record I'm waiting for one good verse to blow me away and it never really happens. Besides posturing and flaunting (which is forgivable if the rhymes are sick) there really isn't a good few bars until "YNO". I wish I could find something good in the record but I can't. Maybe those people that test subwoofers can use it for their competitions. 

2 out of 10😕

Comments

Popular Posts