Panda Bear - Panda Bear Meets the Grim Reaper

Panda Bear
Panda Bear Meets the Grim Reaper
2015

This was my very first time hearing anything from Panda Bear so I went in knowing nothing and having zero expectations. I don’t consider myself to be a music connoisseur in the sense that super obscure, ultra creative art rock is on my radar. From listen number one of “Sequential Circuits” the first track on “Panda Bear Meets the Grim Reaper” I knew that this music fell into that category. More like a collection of sounds set to s similar beat than anything else Panda Bear somehow manages to take something that I would often not like or not understand and make it approachable, even great.

There is so much heart in the record and so much creativity. It is completely defies genre unless outer space/classical/psychedelic/art rock is somehow a genre. It takes the music medium to another level that I’ve never heard before. What comes through the music is a sense of loss, love and life. “Panda Bear Meets the Grim Reaper” dives deep into your soul and tries to pull something out for you to examine.

I fully recommend this album to anyone looking to push their musical boundaries and try something new while still hearing something beautiful.

9 out of 10🙇

Comments

Popular Posts